CoolCalifornia.org aims to empower Californians to improve the State’s future and protect its environment.
CoolCalifornia.org is THE new one-stop-shop for all Californians – packed with quick, easy-to-use and reliable tools that all Californians need to save money and reduce their impact on the planet. Resources have been developed for specific audiences: to help small businesses, households and individuals save money as they lower their carbon footprint. We also have resources for towns and cities, and a special section for schools. Tool and resources on the site include:
- California-specific Carbon Footprint Calculators – for households and small businesses.
- Users can quickly estimate carbon footprints;
- Compare their results to similar users (California, U.S. and world-wide)
- And, pledge to take action with customizable actions to reduce their carbon footprint
- Money Saving Actions –tips and strategies in the areas of energy efficiency, transportation, green building, water use, waste reduction, and more!
- Financial Resources – rebate and incentive information for climate-related projects offered throughout the state.
- Success Stories – real life examples of local governments and small businesses who have already successfully and profitably reduced their environmental impact.
- Social Networking – follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get up-to-date tips, news, and rebates
The founding partners include State Government Agencies, Academics and a nonprofit organization. But CoolCalifornia.org is designed for the people of California, and many Californians have provided input that shaped the site.
- The California Air Resources Board
- University of California, Berkeley
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Next 10
- The California Public Utilities Commission
- The California Energy Commission